Terms & Conditions
1. RTÉNL.ie (www.RTÉNL.ie) is part of RTÉNL which operates and manages this sector. By using this site you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms you should not access and/or use RTÉNL.ie.
RTÉNL reserves the right to change these terms from time to time. By continuing to use the site after changes are posted you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
2. You may not broadcast, copy, download, frame, reproduce, republish, post, transmit or otherwise use RTÉNL.ie content appearing on the RTÉNL.ie site in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of such content requires the prior written permission of RTÉNL.
3. You agree to use RTÉNL.ie only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of this site by any third party. Prohibited behaviour includes but is not limited to defamation, harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or anything which may affect the operability or security of RTÉNL.ie.
Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
4. RTÉNL.ie content, is provided on a “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty whether express, implied or statutory of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
5. RTÉNL will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, interruption of business, loss of data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of RTÉNL.ie.
6. RTÉNL does not warrant that functions contained in RTÉNL.ie content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that RTÉNL.ie or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
7. You acknowledge that the content including but not limited to text, images and logos identifying RTÉNL or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of RTÉNL and/or third parties. You are not permitted to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of RTÉNL, or any other third party without the prior written consent of RTÉNL or the third party.
8. RSS feeds of RTÉNL.ie content are provided free of charge to individuals for personal and non-commercial use only. Use of RTÉNL.ie RSS feeds for commercial purposes or by non-profit organisations will require the prior agreement of RTÉNL.ie and you must first contact the Managing Editor of RTÉNL ePublishing. By downloading a RTÉNL.ie RSS feed, you acknowledge that RTÉNL.ie does not accept any liability for its RSS feeds, and that RTÉNL.ie is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites.
9. RTÉNL is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party websites or material accessed through the RTÉNL.ie site. RTÉNL does not exercise any control or supervision of content of these linked sites.
10. RTÉNL.ie does not endorse, and shall not be held responsible for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from third party sites. Third party sites linked through RTÉNL.ie are not covered by these terms and conditions.
- RTÉNL was incorporated in the Republic of Ireland on 10 December 2002. Its principal activity is the construction and operation of transmission network assets in Ireland. The Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of RTÉ.
- RTÉNL purchased the assets (see RTÉ’s Annual Report 2003 for further information) and contracts of the transmission business. A separate Board of Directors was appointed to oversee its operation.
- RTÉNL initiated a Tariff Model in January 2003. RTÉ (Television and Radio) and TG4 have entered into contracts and a pricing structure derived from this Tariff Model. Pre-existing contracts with TV3 and Today FM remain in place. On expiry all future negotiations with said parties shall be based on this Tariff Model.