Using sophisticated computerised planning tools 2rn’s frequency planners have developed coverage plans and detailed population statistics for the existing Saorview digital TV platform, five national FM radio services, local radio services, and a trial DAB network.
They have also developed models used to provide a national microwave link system for the distribution of radio and television services nationally, and models to determine the impact of windfarm developments on wireless communications services.
What we can do for you
- Frequency planning and coverage predictions, including detailed population figures, for any telecommunications application including digital television and radio, microwave links, mobile communications, or any other wireless application.
- Liaise with the Commission for Telecommunications Regulation (ComReg) on frequency allocations, international coordination and licensing.
- Feasibility studies on the availability of frequencies and likely interference sources, and roll-out planning for any wireless application.
- Antenna design to fulfil desired coverage requirements.
- Field trials with respect to frequency selection and coverage calculations, as well as compatibility with existing services.
- Coverage verification. We provide a measurement service to confirm existing coverage or to identify areas in need of improvement.
- RF impact assessments, surveys and remediation for windfarm developments.
What we need from you
- Details of service area to be covered and the application.
- Intended frequency if known
- Location of site(s) from which transmission will take place if known.